For over twenty-five years, Lisa Mueller has provided strategic legal counsel on complex patent issues in the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and chemistry sectors. With a background in chemistry and biology, Lisa provides advice on the full spectrum of global intellectual property portfolio management including patent prosecution, opposition and other post-grant proceedings, and diverse regulatory matters in the following areas:
- Small molecules and biologics
- Drug delivery and drug preparation methods
- Diagnostics and personalized medicine
- Physical and materials sciences
- Food science and nutrition
- Renewable/green chemistry
- Polymer chemistry
- Agricultural, ornamental, vegetable and tree breeding and development (including plant patents and plant variety protection)
Since 2001, Lisa has worked closely with in-house legal departments of global pharmaceutical firms regarding their patent development and enforcement strategies. In this partnership, she provides training to new in-house counsel and meets with scientists and other business development to anticipate and resolve a wide array of problems including navigation of U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval.
A thought leader on pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical patent law, Lisa speaks frequently to legal and industry groups, and publishes widely. For a number of years, Lisa was the author of the award-winning blog, BRIC Wall, which provided unique insights on patent law developments in the life sciences industry in Brazil, Russia, India and China.
Lisa can be reached at: email@example.com